I had the opportunity to pattern test for compagnie. This company makes patterns with a twist and all of it’s patterns are very unique.
The nina skirt and culottes for girls’ was not an exceptional to the moto of the company.
The pattern has a lots of options and varieties.
The Nina I made for the testing was an A line culottes, with a fly front zipper,diagonal pockets with piping and a small overlap.
The back has two darts on the either side which gives a lovely fit.
I added an elastic to the back of the waistband which helps to sit exactly on my daughter.
My daughter is in the age where she’d only where shorts and boy clothes just to be in par with her big brother (who is only 3years bigger than her). So these culottes are just perfect to match her taste. They are so comfortable and she just wouldn’t remove it off after she had her first fit on.
I just love the out come. It was not much of a hassle putting it all together as the instructions were so clear with lots of pictures.
Can’t wait to sew up some more for her and her cousins.
Thanks for reading
Till next time
I flipped the Ethan shirt pattern from front to back for this month’s flip this pattern at frances and suzanne.
I wanted to make up a blouse to go with the shorts I made for my daughter.
So with this as an inspiration I made up my flip also adding my own variation and added it to the the knock it off series on the Elegance and elephants.
These are the modification I did for the pattern;
As I said earlier, I cutout the front pattern piece and used it as the back.Then bought the back piece to the front which I scooped up at the neckline.
Also I added a piping for the yolk to add colour.
I added flutter sleeves with bias tape.
The buttons I used were yellow floral to enhance the beauty of the blouse.
I used a swiss dot fabric to keep my daughter cool in the Sri Lankan hot weather. She is comfortable for sure because she doesn’t want to take it off!
Till next time
It’s been awhile since I last posted something on the blog or for that matter since I really sewed something.
So again I thought of sewing for the flip the pattern series. For the month of March the pattern was beachy boatneck From blank slate patterns.
I used a stripe knit fabric and cut it at the bias to make the bodice. this tutorial came in handy and was very useful.
The flips include;
• A slightly A -line
• Flutter sleeves for a feminine look
• Peter pan collar
• A short gather skirt attached at the bellow
I took grate care in matching up the stripes in the front, back as well as at the side seams.
Even though I kind of got a migraine after cutting out the pattern when matching up all the lines, the end result was worth it I guess.
Oh and thanks a lot Melissa for the facing on the neckline. I loved it.
Thanks for reading.
p.s I added this as my entry for project run and play season 9. The first week Theme was put me in the zoo, where you design an outfit inspired by an animal. So here is my Zebra inspired dress…
Excited I’m indeed for my first ever post on gotosew.
Head over to check it out
Contrasing Maggie Mae dresses for the cousins, gets ticked off on my to-do list.
I made a 2T for my loving daughter and a 12mos for my lovely niece. I mixed and match the colours.
The material I used was the first ever ( also the last up to now 🙂 ) giveaway I won at Nap time crafters from My fabric store.And believe it or not this was in 2012 November. It took me so long to get all that courage to cut in to the lovely cotton fabric.
I very much Love the Maggie Mae pattern for it’s simplicity. It also comes together very quickly.
The upper part of the bodiece of the dress was linned.
The buttons on the back took me some time and I didn’t like the result. May be next time I’ll do it better with all the experience I got with ripping and restiching.
Anyways, I just love the dresses.
Living in a tropical country like Sri Lanka, I cannot expect much of a climate change. It’s either sunny or rainny. Also my dearest daughter, just love or should I say, would only wear clothes which are comfortable. So my pattern flip was from a long trouser to a 3/4. And I matched it up with a sleeveless, front buttoned,peter pan collared top.
What I did different from the number 9 trousers.
Well first the obvious, I shortened it up to her, just above the knee length.
I sewed up some pouch pockets with the floral bias tape, insted of the slant pockets to give it a feminine touch.
The inner waistbands were cut out also from the floral print.
I did add leg cuffs which had some rounded up edges,
and topped it with a cute bow.
Back of the trouser was beautified with a welt pocket also lined up with the floral print.
The top has a white pointed peter pan collar with buttons on front.
I’m participating in a contest called flip the pattern as a sew along contestant. So wish me luck.
Till next time.
The Belinda dress as Andrea call it, “casual comfort”. There is no other better words to describe this cute dress.