The second dress I made for a customer was all in purple.
It was made out of organza and satin.
Sewing with organza was the most difficult task I had.
The method I used to stop the organza from fraying was,I cut the pattern pieces by adding a half an inch for the original pattern. Then stitched all around with a zig zag stitch 1/4 inch from the edge. Then burnt the edges. So it was more stable and stopped fraying completely. Then lined it as usual with cotton. And pressed the bodice with lot of steam.
I finished the dress with a invisible zipper and added a sash for a more formal look.
The skirt is also lined with the same cotton fabric. I added a ruffle for the inner skirt for a fluffy effect.
Hope you enjoy reading!
Till next time